In order to have your financial aid available to pay your fees or disbursed to you, there are a few steps you need to take:
- Accept your aid
- Complete your To Do List
- Enroll in units
The links below will provide you with more detailed information regarding each of those steps.
- Requirements to Get My Aid
In order to receive your financial aid you must complete the items noted on your To Do List.This includes:
- Accepting and confirming your aid award on "My Aid".
- Completing all necessary paperwork.
- Meeting the policies and conditions for receiving aid.
- Registering in the Minimum Required Units* (MRU) in order for your financial aid to be applied to your fees. You should check your ZotAccount to verify your enrollments and financial aid credits.
* MRU for medical school is twelve units.
- If you withdraw or drop below full-time (12.0 units) you should contact our office to discuss how your financial aid will be impacted.
- Paying My Fees / Fee Deadlines
- How Do I Pay My Fees?
When Do I Need to Pay My Fees By?
- The Zotbill puts your registration fees and financial aid awards together on one statement.
- Financial aid that is available will appear as a credit on your Zotbill prior to the beginning of each quarter. Please visit your Zot Account at ZotAccount.uci.edu.
- You are responsible for paying your fees on time.
- If fees are not paid by the applicable fee deadline, you will be withdrawn from the courses you selected and charged a late fee.
Fee Deadlines For Academic Year "Fall 2017 through Summer 2018"
|Fall 2017||September 15, 2017|
|Winter 2018||December 15, 2017|
|Spring 2018||March 15, 2018|
|Summer 2018||May 15, 2018|
Fee Deadlines For Academic Year "Fall 2016 through Summer 2017"
|Fall 2016||September 15, 2016|
|Winter 2017||December 15, 2016|
|Spring 2017||March 15, 2017|
|Summer 2017||May 16, 2017|
- Getting My Aid / Disbursement Dates
- How Do I Get My Money?
- You must be enrolled in at least twelve (12.0) units in order to be eligible for financial aid.
- After your fees and any other charges on your ZotAccount are paid, any remaining financial aid will be disbursed to you.
- The balance will be divided equally among the quarters you are attending.
- You must log on to ZotAccount.uci.edu to tell us where to send your funds. Once you have logged on and get to "Welcome to ZOT Account Online" select "Direct Deposit (DEFT)" and complete the requested information.
- Financial funds will be sent to you by mail or directly deposited (DEFT) to your personal bank account at the beginning of each quarter.
- Disbursement dates are listed below.
When Do I Get My Money?
Disbursement Dates For Academic Year "Fall 2016 through Summer 2017"
|Medical Students||Fall 2016||Winter 2017||Spring 2017||Summer 2017|
Disbursement Dates For Academic Year "Fall 2015 through Summer 2016"
|Medical Students||Fall 2015||Winter 2016||Spring 2016||Summer 2016|
Important Notes about Electronic Funds Transfers
- If you change or close your bank account, you must update the information by updating your information online at ZotAccount.uci.edu.
- Failure to update your bank account information will cause a delay in your disbursement.
- You will receive a notification on your UCI e-mail account prior to the transfer of funds to your bank.
(Reviewed 11/23/2016 - BS)