Students in the School of Medicine who wish to apply for financial aid should meet the following deadlines:
Application Deadlines For Academic Year "Fall 2017 through Summer 2018"
|March 2, 2017||FAFSA/Renewal FAFSA|
|May 1, 2017||SOM Institutional Application||IRS Tax Data||SOM Verification Form|
SOM Institutional Application
- Parental income and asset information is required to be considered for institutional grants and scholarships.
- Make sure that you select the FAFSA for the appropriate academic year.
- Review "Applying" for tips on completing your FAFSA.
IRS Tax Data
- The SOM Institutional Application is required of all financial aid applicants and must be received by the May 2nd deadline to be considered for institutional grants and scholarships.
- Make sure that you complete the appropriate institutional application:
- Click here, if you are a new student entering UCI in Fall 2017
- Click here, if you are a continuing student in Fall 2017 (UCI Student ID and UCInetID required)
- Completed institutional applications must be submitted to the SOM Office of Financial Aid and Educational Financing.
- To be considered for institutional funds, including grants and scholarships, use the IRS data retrieval tool from FAFSA or an IRS tax return transcript for you and your parents.
- Any supporting documents needed, will be requested by the SOM Office of Financial Aid and must be submitted by the May deadline. You should check your application status and any requested documents by logging on to My Aid and selecting "My Aid Application Status."
- Upon receiving FAFSA data, the financial aid system will determine if a financial aid applicant needs to complete a Verification Worksheet. If the applicant is selected for verification he/she will be notified by email.
- The Verification Worksheet is to be completed online. Go to the SOM website at http://www.ofas.uci.edu/som. Once at the website, log in to My Aid, then click on "My Aid Application Status" and look for the link to the form.