INFORMATION FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
Congratulations on your acceptance to the UC Irvine School of Medicine! The Office of Financial Aid would like to welcome you and introduce ourselves and the services we provide.
The mission of the Office of Financial Aid is to provide students and their families with the financial resources necessary to achieve their academic goals. The Office of Financial Aid provides assistance and counseling in completing the application for financial aid and is here to help answer any questions you have along the way. Our goal is to not only help you find the assistance you need to meet the costs of your education, but to also help you learn how to manage your finances and educational debt. Also, as part of our mission, we provide a series of educational workshops on debt management and financial literacy to assist you with the transition both to and from medical school.
If you are considering receiving financial aid to cover part or all of your educational expenses, please do not hesitate to email us at cmfao.uci.edu, or call us at (949) 824-6476. Should you prefer to see us in person, our office is located in the Medical Education Bldg. 836, offices 1012 and 1013.
If you wish to receive financial aid and have it ready by the time school starts you need to:
March 2, 2017 - FAFSA Application Deadline
- Complete the 2017-18 FAFSA application. The FAFSA application can be found at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- For instructions on how to apply please click HERE.
- Please include your and your spouse's (if married) information on your application.
- To be considered for need based institutional aid please provide your parent's information on your application.
- UC Irvine's federal school code is 001314.
May 2, 2017 - Additional Documents Deadline
- Complete the School of Medicine Institutional Application. The form can be found: SOM Financial Aid Institutional Application.
- Complete the IRS Data Retrieval on your FAFSA or submit your IRS Tax Return Transcript.
- Tax information must be completed by you and your spouse (if married) and your parents if you would like to be considered for need based institutional aid.
- Complete the online Verification Worksheet.
- The online Verification Worksheet can be completed by logging in to http://www.ofas.uci.edu/som and selecting "My Aid Application Status."
- If any additional documents are required to complete your file, you will be notified by our office.
- All requested documents will be displayed online by logging in to http://www.ofas.uci.edu/som and selecting "My Aid Application Status."
- The School of Medicine Financial Aid Office has compiled an online catalog of external scholarships offeredthrough private agencies and organizations. To view the online catalog and review eligibility requirements and application deadlines please click HERE.
We hope you enjoy your journey and we wish you the best in your academic endeavors. If there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us!
The Financial Aid Staff at the School of Medicine