Summer Session 2017 (Entering Graduates)
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships has limited funding available for students attending Summer Session.
Funding is limited to:
- William D. Ford Direct Loans (requires enrollment and completion of at least six units)
- Graduate PLUS
If you had eligibility for loans during the academic year, we encourage you to utilize those funds to assist with your summer costs.
How to Apply:
To receive summer financial aid, you must follow these important steps:
- Complete and submit a paper Summer Session Financial Aid Application.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail from our office asking you to accept your financial aid funds for 2017 Summer Session.
- After accepting your financial aid funds, then enroll in your Summer Session classes.
To receive financial aid during Summer Session you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be admitted to UCI for Fall 2017.
- Complete a 2016-17 FAFSA by June 30, 2017. You can complete it on line at www.fafsa.gov.
- Complete a Summer Session Financial Aid Application by following the instructions in the "How to Apply" section.
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) units during one session or a combination of Summer I, II or 10-week session.
Types of Aid:
UCI Summer Grant:
UCI Grant funds are available for needy students who completed the 2017-18 FAFSA by the March 2 deadline and meet other eligibility requirements.
To maintain eligibility for the UCI Summer Grant, you must enroll in and complete eight (8.0) units during the summer.
Important Notice: At this time, summer grant awards are tentative based on budgetary constraints. We will review our available funds and confirm grant awards during the third week of May.
William D. Ford Direct Loan Program:
Students are eligible to borrow Federal Direct Loans based on their student level, program of study (undergraduate, graduate, etc), dependency status and remaining eligibility.
Graduate students may also borrow through the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan program. The loan amount is based upon your Summer Session costs minus any other financial resources you have for the summer.
|June 22, 2017||Financial aid award(s) must be accepted in order to pay fees|
|June 30, 2017||Deadline to complete FAFSA for 2016-17|
|July 24, 2017||Last day to apply for summer financial aid for Summer Session I|
|August 24, 2017||Last day to apply for summer financial aid for 10-week Session|
|September 1, 2017||Census date for determining units for TEACH grant for the Summer Term|
|September 4, 2017||Last day to apply for summer financial aid for Summer Session II|
Changes to Enrollment:
Any changes in enrollment, including dropping units or changing sessions may result in you being billed for funds received. If you withdraw from all Summer Session classes you will be billed for the financial aid you received. You will still be responsible for paying the $175 non-refundable campus fee and all other applicable non-refundable fees. Check with your financial aid counselor to find out how your enrollment change will affect your summer aid.
Late applications for summer financial aid will be accepted until until July 24 for SSI, August 24 for 10-week session and September 4 for SSII.
Payment of Fees:
Financial aid must be accepted no later than June 22nd in order to pay fees. Also, you must:
- Accept your financial aid funds.
- Enroll in Summer Session classes.
- Enroll in at least six (6) units.
Financial aid remainders for summer will be disbursed in the same method as the academic year: either mail or direct deposit. Disbursement information can be changed at https://zotaccount.uci.edu. The following are the dates financial aid will be disbursed for on-time applicants:
|Session I||6/26/2017 *|
|Session II only||8/7/2017 *|
* If you are enrolling in both Summer Session I and II you will receive two disbursements, one at the beginning of each session.
Estimated Costs for Summer Session:
The following are estimated costs for attending Summer Session, not including the cost of your enrollment and course fees:
|Summer Session I & II or Ten Week||Commuter||On-Campus||Off-Campus|
|Verano||Campus Village||Palo Verde|
|Books and Supplies||$494||$494||$494||$494||$494|
|Room and Board||$4,206||$4,206||$4,540||$4,280||$6,811|
|Subtotal (not including fees)||$6,457||$6,457||$6,791||$6,531||$9,062|
|Summer Session I or II||Commuter||On-Campus||Off-Campus|
|Verano||Campus Village||Palo Verde|
|Books and Supplies||$247||$247||$247||$247||$247|
|Room and Board||$2,103||$2,103||$2,270||$2,140||$3,406|
|Subtotal (not including fees)||$3,229||$3,229||$3,396||$3,266||$4,532|
(Reviewed 2/10/2017 - BS)