John Ichiro Yasuda Memorial Scholarship
Application Deadline: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Award Notification: June 2017
Award Amount: $1,500
Application Submission Process: Applicants must complete the John Ichiro Yasuda Memorial scholarship application. Finalists will be contacted for an interview in late June.
The John Ichiro Yasuda Memorial Scholarship will provide one scholarship in the amount of $1,500 for the 2017-18 year to an outstanding Junior student. The scholarship is renewable for a second year during the student's senior year.
- UC Irvine junior-level/third year student for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Engineering or Information and Computer Science Majors. Preference given to on-campus student workers in a computer related field.
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- The John Ichiro Yasuda Memorial Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship but financial need may be considered. If eligible, applicants must file a 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be filed at www.fafsa.gov. Students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA and qualify for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver must submit a 2017-18 California Dream Act application. The California Dream Act application can be filed at www.csac.ca.gov.
- Student will be required to participate in a mentorship program where he/she will be mentored (approximately 5 hours per quarter) and when the program grows to support two scholars the senior scholar (who has already had one year of mentoring) will help mentor the new junior scholar.
- The student must maintain good academic standing and a minimum 2.75 gpa to be eligible to renew the scholarship for their senior year.
- Must have a desire to help others.
- Community service experience and/or volunteer tutoring service preferred but not required.
- Students transferring to UC Irvine from a California Community College must submit official, sealed transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.