Graduate Costs

You've got questions. We have answers.

Whether you're a new or continuing graduate student, you have questions about financial aid. We have the answers. Along with a range of resources to help you pay for your UCI education. We suggest you also visit our Graduate Division, which is a great source of services and comprehensive information about funding opportunities and resources for graduate students, including assistantships and fellowships. Check the Funding page for more information.

We encourage you to speak with the academic departments for pertinent information.

Please make sure you check your MyAid portal to stay updated on the status of your application. We'll be sending you e-mails to remind you of all the deadlines.

Types of Financial Assistance

Aid for graduate students is usually available in three forms:

  • Fellowships (Internal and Extramural Grants)
  • Federal and/or Private Loans
  • Teaching and Research Assistant Employment Opportunities

Federal Loan Programs

To be considered for either of these loans, all non-foreign graduate students need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You also need to complete a FAFSA if you're offered a UCI fellowship and you're a U.S. resident.

Note that foreign students are not eligible for financial aid. However, all graduate students are eligible to receive university fellowship funding and/or employment as a teaching assistant or graduate student researcher, depending on your academic units and the availability of funds.

If you're thinking about applying to UCI as an international student, check here for more resources. Interested in attending as a Dreamer? Explore your options here.

Upcoming Deadline

Spring term fee payment deadline.